Have you ever felt confused about what really goes on in the financial planning industry?
Many people take a do-it-yourself approach to managing their money. For some, this is simply a preference. But for others, it’s a direct result of confusion, mistrust, and bad information around the financial advice industry.
Traditionally, this profession has lacked transparency, and stories of bad experiences with salespeople disguised as “advisors” deters many people from even trying to seek out reliable, trustworthy financial planners. (And yes, they do exist.)
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a look behind the scenes and know what’s really going on? On today’s episode, we’re doing just that!
We’re digging in and shedding light on the things that you’ve always wanted to know about an industry that few truly understand. Get ready to pull back the curtain and understand what really goes on, what you need to know to identify the good and the bad in financial planning, and much more.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How your financial advisor gets paid
- Who the “unicorn” of the financial planning industry are
- Why all financial planning business models have some conflict of interest
- The difference between the fiduciary standard and suitability rule
- Why performance is a fleeting concept and investing is not the solution
- The top 4 credentials for financial professionals
- Personal Financial Advisors from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, or NAPFA
- XY Planning Network, or XYPN
- Garrett Planning Network
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense
If you like our common-sense approach to money, and would like to continue the conversation — we would love to hear from you! You can email brian [at] money-guy.com or bo [at] money-guy.com. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
Did you enjoy learning about our secrets of the financial planning industry? If so, there’s a lot more where that came from!
Come join our community, where you’ll get access to 15 of our most recent shows! As a bonus, you’ll get our podcasts delivered straight to your inbox so you can listen to them at your convenience.